The Kinect Sports: Season Two experience reached its apex with the May release of the All Access Pass, but there's still plenty of promotional buzz going on now and throughout the summer. From June to August, both Kinect Sports games play a role in the online Xbox Summer Stadium event, with weekly challenges and this year's 100m Sprint Guinness World Record attempt (currently awaiting results). The whole spectacle benefits children's charity Right To Play, so the more participants the better! Also for charity, and during an otherwise quiet E3 for Rare, Season Two was involved in the (RED)RUSH Games both in and around the show; various Kinect games set the battlefield for celebrity contenders to lock horns with public challengers.
In other developments, Rare joined the starry sponsorship ranks of the upcoming Develop Industry Excellence Awards, Kinect Sports got into position on the new Kinect Central hub on the Xbox 360 dashboard, and older Rare Xbox 360 titles enjoyed an encore in the spotlight seven years on as the Xbox LIVE Marketplace Games On Demand sale lopped 75% off a wide range of game prices, Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero among them.
What's next for us? Well, you'll have to wait a while longer to catch a glimpse of future projects set to burst from the whirring Rare hive mind. Until then, zip back here in early July for a recap of all that's happening right now!
• Kinect Sports in the Xbox Summer Stadium – athletic ambition under the sun
• Kinect Sports: Season Two June Records – raise your sights even higher
• Mini-Scribes: June 29, 2012 – missives from men of letters
• May Social Memento – spring signs off in six paragraphs
The World Wide Web
• [Xbox.com] Xbox Summer Stadium: The Home of Sporting Entertainment
• [IGN] E3 2012: Celebs Face Off For Charity
• [Develop] Rare on board as Develop Awards partner
• [VideoGamer.com] Games on Demand sale knocks 75% off select titles
• [StuffWeLike] Kinect Central video walkthrough